Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Hyped Releases I don't Care About

Note: Tope 5 Wednesday is a group on Goodreads. If you are interested in joining you can check it out here. 



       I wouldn’t say I don’t care about these releases. Obviously, I cared about them enough to decide which ones I don’t plan on reading. I shall note that just because a book is on this list by no way means I have something against the author. This week’s entry is a short one because I don’t spend a lot of energy on books I don’t want to read. I’d much rather look for things I like. The only two books I could come up with are on this list because A I don’t like the genre or B I have fallen out of love with the series, but I don’t hate them. If you want to read the one or both of the books I mention, good for you and I hope you have a good time reading. :)
The Beautiful by RenĂ©e Adiheh 
     I don’t have any gripes against Ahdieh even though I was disappointed by her most recent book. Why am I not interested in reading this one? Because I am terrified of vampires! When I was little (before school age) I accidentally saw a vampire film my older brother was watching. Ever since that day, I can’t even look at an advertisement for any kind of vampire media without getting disturbed. I don’t care how much I love Ahdieh’s writing style; I won’t touch anything involving vampires with a 59 ½ foot pole. 
Broken Throneby Victoria Aveyard
    I know several people want to read this because apparently, Wat Storm’s ending wasn’t as satisfying as it could have been. I know this is just a novella so I kind of think about picking it up. However, I ended my affair with the Red Queen series last year, and I know if I pick this one up I will only get upset with it again. I just wonder why I should focus my energy on something I dislike when there are other new books that I am much more likely to enjoy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post