Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Top 5 Best Books I've Read So Far in 2018


    *Note* Top 5 Wednesday is a Goodreads group where blogger/vloggers post about a bookish topic every Wednesday. You can check it out here. https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/118368-top-5-wednesday
 This is a fun one because I can make another list like this in December and see how it has changed. It could be exactly the same or completely different. Just because I have a book on this list doesn’t mean it is my all-time favorite, it is a book that is better than the other ones I’ve read this year. Most of the books I’ve finished these months are lackluster, and only a few I would consider rereading. Anyway, here is my list in order of not as good to best. 

5.    The Fellowship of the Ring
      Why is this at the bottom of my list? Because I’ve read it before and I already went into this book knowing I loved it. I kind of wanted to save the other spots on this list for new books I discovered in 2018. Regardless of when I read his work, Tolkien is a favorite author in my family and the only author both my parents and all my siblings love. 

     
4. Samurai and Ninja
      I found this one at my local bookstore. This book is a wonderful field guide I should say. It has lists of weapons and method’s that you can look back to for reference which I find extremely helpful during my research on the shinobi (another name for ninja). Why would I explore this subject? Because ninjas are awesome!

     
                                                                                     3. Flame in the Mist
      I already reviewed this book on the blog in, Review in the Mist, so I don’t want to restate everything I’ve said there. This is a good fantasy/romance book that I am looking forward to reading again and to reading the sequel. I need to know what happens gah!!!
     

2. Yona of the Dawn Volume 6
     The first Manga I really loved. This issue does not disappoint in fact I may have enjoyed it more than the others. I wish I could discuss more about the plot and characters, but that would spoiler its predecessors. 
    

                           1. Pachinko  
     I originally planned to have this book on my last Top 5 Wednesday post, Top 5 Books to Read Before the End of the Year. Oh, my word, this is my favorite book I have read so far this year. It’s been too long since I’ve read an adult fiction book and I don’t know why that is. I refuse to spoil anything about this book as it is best to go into it blind. I got spoiled because my bookmark fell out and I read some plot revealing sentences while trying to find my place, but I still enjoyed it. The emotions the pages triggered in me, how the author handled the characters and social themes, left me satisfied. That’s not to say there was some content and scenes I didn’t like, but no matter. 
but I was almost finished reading it by the time I started writing that post so I decided not to include

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to know what will happen next in Flame in the Mist too! I need to know what happen with Okami :D

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?
      The ending of Flame in the Mist didn't leave me satisfied at all. Instead I was left demanding answers that only Smoke in the Sun can give me. I will get to it soon, and I will probably cry tears of joy once I have the book in my hands.

      Delete

Popular Post