Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Top 5 Favorite SFF Booktubers 

    
Note: Tope 5 Wednesday is a group on Goodreads. If you are interested in joining you can check it out here. 
     I am a book blogger. Of course, I enjoy reading other people’s blogs and watching other people’s videos. Why wouldn’t I search for other content creators with similar interest as my own. This weeks, topic really excited me, because now I can direct people to these talented Booktubers. (Yay)
5. Alexa Dunn 
     She is actually more of a writer than a reader, but she does talk about SFF frequently on her channel. Her book is Jane Erein space, and I think that is pretty cool. I especially enjoy her short writing hack videos along with her harsh writing advice videos. I have to say, my own writing has improved since I discovered Alexa's channel. 
     She is also more of a SFF author than reader, but her videos are still good. Jenna’s videos cover a variety of writing and other bookish topics. I think my favorite video was her one on how to write a healthy romance. Jenna's videos have some very good advice in them, and her sense of humor is hilarious. 
     She doesn’t always review SFF, but a large hunk of her content does cover SFF. She does reviews for books and movies that gives some perspectives I have never thought of before. She also does analysis of certain tropes like, strong female characters, or romantic subplots. Her videos are very in depth and thought provoking. 
     She reviews books and talks about tropes, she also sometimes talks about writing. Jordan’s reviews are thought provoking, and her trope videos are fun. Some of her videos also dive deep into their subject matter, and they are good discussion starters. 
     James’ videos cover world building and I love it. Even when he admits that although certain fantasy worlds have made some world building mistakes, they are still good stories and he recommends them. His videos are fun and they do make me think about SFF books in a way I never had. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post