Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Top 5 Books I Didn't Get to in 2018

*Note* Top 5 Wednesdayis a Goodreads group where blogger/vloggers post about a bookish topic every Wednesday. You can check it out right here   

   I don’t really schedule the books I want to read and find myself reading less of the books I planned on getting to. Whatever the reason, there are five books in particular that I am very bummed I didn’t have a chance to start this year. 
   

Children of Blood and Bone
     I saw this one had been nominated for the 2018 Goodreads Choice Awards and decided it was worth checking out. Lucky for me I found a copy at my library in November and I don’t think I have touched that book since. It needs to be returned soon and I know I can always borrow it again, but I’d rather no return an unfinished book to the library. 




Howl’s Moving Castle
      I found this one at my local library the same day I picked up Children of Blood and Bone. I didn’t realize the Studio Ghibli film of the same name was based on a book so of course, I wanted to read it. However, the moment I arrived home from the library my sister saw this book decided she wanted to read it, and I haven’t seen the copy since. She’s told me the book is great and has some really good humor so at least she enjoyed it this year.  


Unraveling
      I received this book as a present last Christmas. This is another book I want to start next year ASAP because I won’t let myself read the books I got for Christmas this year before I finished the ones I received last year. 


Princess of Glass
      Senior year of high school, I read the book before this one, Princess of the Midnight Ball, in one day and wanted to get to Princess of Glass ever since. My sister owns a copy and we pretty much share all our books so I was more than welcome to read it if I wanted. I just didn’t find the time this year, but I can’t wait to find out what happens next! 


 

Snow Like Ashes  
      I have been wanting to read this one since sophomore year of high school, but I couldn’t get my hands on a copy. At last, I received Snow Like Ashes as a birthday gift this year (which was back in May) and I haven’t even opened the front cover yet. I can admit I’m nervous about this one as my expectations for it have been growing for almost five years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post